Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rollin' and the Po-Po


Today has been an eventful day to say the least! It started out pretty lazy, and Rodney was pretty gassy and let everybody know about it. When I say let everybody know about it, I mean he screams high and loud enough for people across town to hear. I was up and cleaning, then we get a knock on the door. We live in the basement of Mellow Yellow (hippie central!) and nobody knows that there are apartments in the building. You even have to go in a door and down some stairs to find our door. So needless to say we never get people unannounced. I open the door only to find two police men there. The people upstairs were concerned about our little ones cries and called us in. The policemen were very nice and cordial and after they saw Rodney safe and sound (and by that time, HAPPY...) they were gone to the next report of child abuse.


Then we finished cleaning and got ready for the day (at 3:30. I know.) But Sister Myers invited us over for dinner with the missionaries. She made the best green chile casserole. I really should get the recipe. Anyway, after dinner I laid Rodney down on a blanket and was going to help in the kitchen when Mark says "He's rolled over" like it's nothing! I freaked out, squealed "really!" and he was on his tummy! I then sat next to him for 45 minutes just trying to help motivate him to do it again while I could witness it with no success. Maybe tomorrow.
I didn't think I would be so proud of things that seem so trivial. But, I do, I get so proud of his little milestones. He also has figured out how to get his toes in his mouth. He has done it a couple of times but is selective about when because I have yet to get a good picture of it. I think he is doing it on purpose...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe your neighbors called the police on you!!!! How awful!

Katie Seamons said...

Yeah. It's a good thing they didn't look for our warrants... it could have gotten much worse. What a blessing! haha