Monday, May 4, 2009

Katie's Reading?!

Lia, I know that is going to be your reaction when you see this so that title is dedicated to you! Yes I have now finished the Twilight series. Now I can join in on the conversations about the popular series. It isn't my favorite, but I sure did like it better than those books that they make you read in High School. So with a free redbox monday I rented the movie. Extremely dissapointing to me. It seemed like the people that filmed Napoleon Dynamite tried to do a more difficult film and completely failed. Edward in the movie is so not as cute as I imagined. I hear that they were going to use what's-his-face from Count of Monte Cristo (now that's a good flick! Especially the last scene where the "Count" is coming out of the castle to slay his childhood friend... 'heavy sigh') That would have been a good Edward. Instead they pick this weird lookin' guy. I only half watched the movie because I got bored. And I have to say, if I had paid to see that in a theatre I would have left pretty peeved because of wasted money. Anyway, I also just finished The Wednesday Letters. A book for the family reunion book club. I thought it was really good and would recommend it to anybody. Now I still feel the need to read, next I will go to the library and pick up the Ladies Auxillary or what was it the Potato Peel Society? Heck at this rate maybe I will have all of them read by the reunion! This is a record. I am pretty sure that I have read more books in the last 3 months than I have ever read before. That is excluding the books that I have had to read for assignments.

2 comments:

Lia said...

You reading?! I am in shock! And, you're enjoying it?!
I am so proud . . . seriously, there are tears in my eyes.

Gary and Amy said...

Love that you're reading! I have been out of that habit for the last few months and really need to get going again. Maybe I will try that Wednesday Letters one, too.