Monday, February 2, 2009

Our Little Piglet


Rodney is now 3 weeks old and we have been having so much fun. It has been an incredibly eventful 3 weeks, but fun nonetheless. I should start from the beginning. Rodney was born on Jan. 12th at 7:52 pm; 8 pounds 9 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long. Labor was much better and easier than I expected. That goes for nursing as well. I don't know if it is just because I was so nervous about both and expected the worst or if I just got lucky. I guess I will never know. While we were in the hospital and only for a few short days after Rodney had the cutest cry. I guess it wouldn't really be called a cry more like a squeal on its' way to a full on scream. All of the nurses that would take him to the nursery for his checkups would bring him back saying that he had a set of lungs. Since then he has learned how to cry. I am sad about this but Mark doesn't seem to think that it is a bad thing. Anyway, we came home from the hospital on Wednesday morning and Mom came and Mark left that afternoon. He had to go back to work. Mom and I went up to Greeley that weekend to see Mark because he was on call and couldn't come home. Mom helped me pack a ton of stuff that Monday and Tuesday after we made the plan to move our move to Greeley up by a few weeks. I am so happy that she was able to come and spend time with me and so blessed that it was for a whole week! The next weekend Mark, Mandy and I went to pueblo and packed everything up with plans to come back the next weekend and clean the place. The landlord came by and our plans changed once again. We were now leaving pueblo for good that weekend. Crazy, but we did it and were out of pueblo by 3 on Sunday. Our stuff is now in storage and we are temporarily staying at a house that Mandy, Marks sister, has been housesitting.


Last Monday we had the appointment with a retina specialist for Rodney's eyes. They didn't see anything but they are wanting to monitor him for the next couple of months just to be sure.


Rodney has such a strong neck that he can lift it to almost 90 degrees when he is laying down. He is spoiled rotten because I hold him all the time and don't want to put him down, so when I do he crys and snorts like little pig (aka piglet) and he had his longest sleep stretch Saturday night of 6 hours!

2 comments:

Gary and Amy said...

He looks so cute! He must have a personality to easily take such fun pictures already!

Melissa said...

He is adorable Katie!! Can't wait to meet him one day :)