Friday, January 9, 2009

Where to start?

Ok, so it has been too long. Sorry Amy! I am not even going to try and include the last 2 months worth of happenings.

The biggest news is that Mark and I are heading to the hospital first thing on Monday morning. I mean first thing... like 3-5 am. They are going to induce me so we can be sure that Mark will be there. I am getting really excited. Yesterday was my last day at work. A little sad but not too bad. My team at work had a little goodbye party for me and gave me this basket full of stuff. One girl even crocheted me a blanket that is so beautiful it is unbelievable. A complete shock. Today on my first and one of my last days of freedom I am finishing getting the house ready. Mom is coming in on Wednesday. I am so excited I can't contain myself. Today I vacuumed and set up her bed and everything. She is going to stay with me for a full week, such a relief! For the hospital I have been wanting a robe to go over the hospital gowns when I have to get up but they have been way to expensive. So I went to JCPennys and found one that was no clearance for only $10. You better believe I grabbed that baby off of the rack as soon as I saw the price tag. The thing I love about shopping there is that if it is on clearance if you like the price tag on the rack you will love the price at the register. It is always cheaper once it rings up. I wonder why they do that. I won't complain.

Mark is on his way home this afternoon. I am so excited to see him. We have a lot to do this weekend to finish getting ready. I haven't been sleeping very well at all this week. I don't know if it is because he is gone or if I am just too excited about the baby. Probably both, but I wake up at least 3 times in the night and I am up for at least a half hour everyday. Quite irritating, oh well, preview of coming attractions....

Ok here is room for input: What was the one must have for the hospital that you had or wished you had? Comfort or necessity, either one.

2 comments:

Gary and Amy said...

I am so excited fro you! The party at work must have been fun. Who can help but love and spoil you? I loved having my makeup with me. It helped me to feel a little girly and attractive. Gary helped me out with a mirror, and it felt great!

Anna M said...

Breathmints for your husband during delivery! Best wishes!