Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good Day

It's been a pathetically long time since I last posted. I don't know why but I have this mindset about blogging that it isn't worth a post if there aren't pictures. After a while it seems a little overwhelming to play catch up for a couple of weeks let alone 3 months! So I will just post about today and hopefully get back into the swing of things! Rambling post follows:

Started out with some relaxing with Rodney and reading blogs (which I am MUCH better at...) while Mark was at class. When Mark got home we started working again in the back yard. We finished raking up leaves and picking up poop for probably the last 3 tenants dogs...ick! I don't usually clean up after Marks dog let alone other peoples! But it had to be done before we can set up our garden and let Rodney run free! Between yesterday and today we have about 7 lawn and garden bags full of leaves and ... stuff. I am confident saying that we must be the first family to be in this house for a long time. So we had a productive mid-day. I attribute my feeling of a good day to getting the backyard done. Ever since moving into this house I find a serious sense of accomplishment when I organize one section of my house. My new goal has been to make my bed everyday. It doesn't look like it is straight out of BHandG, but at least it is made! One of my friends from Pueblo has been doing this FlyLady.net thing and their whole thing is to do dishes...I hate dishes. So I will start with my bed! Although I didn't do it today. Anyway, we then went to classes this afternoon. I am pretty sure I aced my Sign language test. Tues/thurs are my favorite days because ASL is my only class and I love it! Otherwise I have Physics, or an child growth and Development. ugh. After this semester I am tempted to continue on with sign language and become a translator. BTW this thought just really came to me today so don't hold me to that. (In fact, I mention it on my blog before I even mention it to Mark, hmmm) Mark came to pick me up and we went on a much needed trip for groceries. We went to Roma's for dinner which was a bust, but not too upsetting. Rodney was having a hard time. I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong. In hindsight I think he hit his breaking point of hunger. He was inconsolable and very loud. I have found that if he doesn't eat before he gets too hungry he is too upset to eat. Which puts us all in a predicament. Anyway, this is a non-informative post that doesn't catch anybody up on anything. But, at least I posted!

4 comments:

Lia said...

Yay! Finally a post! It's been MONTHS!!!

I guess I should really just email you or something instead of always waiting for blog posts. I might be a little too blog obsessed. Haha.

Heather said...

WOO-HOO A POST!!!
I am with ya on making the bed. Ever since moving out of Danny's parents house, she told me there are 2 things that will always make you feel like your house is clean. Making your bed and the dishes done... it totally works, but I'm not always the best at it either. I do like having the bed made though.

We miss you guys! Now that Brooke is 2...we not nearly coming over as much as we use to. The next trip is planned for the end of May. However, you guys are invited to Danny's graduation and BBQ! It's April 30... just a thought!

Great to hear an update!

Unknown said...

Let me know if you need any help with the Physics.

Celia said...

Haha Katie, I love that you end it like that!