Sunday, December 13, 2009
All About Rodney
Well, I can't believe it but he is really 11 months now! People have always said that I needed to soak in every day while Rodney is little because it goes by so fast... it does. He seems to be getting more of a personality every day. He has us laughing multiple times a day. He has learned a new trick of blowing raspberries. He will give the couch raspberries, legs, bellies, he will even pause during nursing to give me a raspberry! Then he looks at whoever is around to see the reaction....already? I didn't realize he would already be aware of what other people think about what he does! He took his first step at Grandma's house in Utah over Thanksgiving. He is really good at standing up alone and standing up without pulling up on anything. There are two doors he can hear opening from across the apartment. The fridge door and the bathroom! He never crawls so fast but to get in before they get closed again! He love, love, loves stairs. He has a great respect for them. He fell down two stairs once and ever since then, if he even gets a little unbalanced on the stairs he freaks out not wanting to fall! After watching the other nephews on the stairs at Grandmas for the wedding he mastered the stairs. He figured out how to stop climbing and sit down to see what is going on behind him. He also learned how to go down the stairs there too. Rodney loves dogs and cats. He will pet them and not yank. Maybe a little smack here and there but no pulling.... He loves the cell phone and has for a while. But just this month he started to put it up near his head like he is listening to somebody. He will listen when I give him the phone with somebody on the other end, but just the other day he started talking back. It was too cute! He has done it once again since. We are just smitten with the little guy! Good news, he gained two ounces just in the 3 days between doctor visits! And after all that at the hospital the lady didn't get all of the labs. We went back to the other guy that did it the first time so wonderfully...and he got 10 ML of blood in no time! I told him that nobody is ever going to poke Rodney except for him...and he told me he's retiring! :( And the doctor called us to tell me that they needed to cath rodney because the urine sample said he had a UTI. She said that she isn't suprised because the urine was in constant contact with his skin since we did it through a bag...but we just needed to make sure. That was fun....not! But then they checked him and he had two more ear infections. So one more round of antibiotics before our appointment on friday with the ENT specialist. Otherwise, Rodney has been sleeping like mad, and eating more too (I didn't know it was possible) but, Mark and I both think that his face is filling out more. Hopefully it isn't just in our heads!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love to hear the little facts about him. I hope that that you are able to get all the medical stuff figured out. I'll be a good judge to let you know if he is filling out when I see you in just a week!
Post a Comment