Friday, August 20, 2010

Camping!

Mark and I have been talking about camping for ever since we have been dating...and we finally got to go! With company no less! One of Rodney's very best friends is Liam. They are about 5 months apart in age and get along as well as you could expect 1 year olds to get along.


Rodney was making too much noise while Mark and my friend Amber were resting so we went for a walk and I took a picture to mark his age of 19 months.

Liam thought it was great fun to sit in this backpack whether it was on somebody's back or not. Which meant there was one less toddler to chase! Wahoo!! Especially for his prego mommy! Kudos to her by the way for camping and sleeping sans air mattress the first night...

This is Justin and Amber our great friends that are cooking up some breakfast for us. Donuts I believe!



This was us all hanging out at camp. I don't remember which day. We were up there for two nights. Although I don't know if you would call them nights or not because we didn't sleep very much. Well, maybe I should clarify that Rodney didn't sleep very much which meant that we couldn't sleep very much... He decided that wake up time was 4:00 am both mornings. The first day we were up there we took turns watching kids so we could all rest up as much as possible to catch up for lost time.


All in all it was great fun and we found an even better place to camp that will be FREE!! next time we go up there. We went up to dowdy lake and found our camping place next door at westlake. I think I would rather take up our own water to this new place we found than to worry about our toddler keeping the whole camp up with his very capable lung strength! So we are excited to go up again. Especially with such great friends!

No comments: