Someday I will figure out how to move around pictures. Any tips?! Mom requested a post with my latest cakes, so you all get to enjoy them too! My dream is to do cakes on the side but for now I am just trying to get the techniques down and practice, practice, practice! All for fun! On my birthday last weekend we were up the mountain for Mark's step-brothers wedding. Auntie Bug (she also did our wedding cake) was doing the cake and she allowed me to tag along the process this time. I wanted to see how she did her cakes. Little did I know she would let me pipe the whole thing!! It was crazy fun for me and a great birthday treat. I hadn't ever done piping like this before and she was very supportive. Here is a picture closer up to see the real design. The lighting is better here.
This one is for my friend Becky's baby shower this last weekend. It was so fun. I got the most delicious carrot cake recipe from Auntie Bug (she has been doing cakes for about 25 years she said) So I practiced it on this beauty. Frosted with cream cheese frosting covered in homemade fondant. mmm....
Top View


4 comments:
Katie--WOW! You are so talented! And Rodney is getting so big--it has been way too long. Anyway, you can cut and paste pictures in your posts with a right click of the mouse! Give it a try! See you soon!
Katie!! These are beautiful! I really like the wedding cake! I would love to learn how to do that, did you take classes at Michaels? I was also wondering if homemade fondant tastes better than store bought?
Rodney is getting so big and looks so sweet! I am sorry he has to do all those treatments.
love your cakes!!! Will you teach me?!
that is so cool! I hope you will post ALL your cakes!
So pretty--where did you learn how to do this?
Post a Comment