Friday, May 21, 2010

Projects, cont.

Here is the garden installed and if you look careful you can see my peas, lettuce, and carrots. Basil, parsley, cilantro are coming up but not too fast.
This is the finished deck. We ate dinner out there last night. We LOVE it! It's bigger than my kitchen...


I am taking a cake decorating class at Michaels this month. I want to continue taking the rest of the classes but I will have to see how they will work with my school schedule over summer. And I am bummed that they will be on tuesday nights. Same as all of our Relief Society Activities. I am really enjoying it. Rodney is really enjoying the products of my classes. He keeps sneaking into the kitchen and getting the cake....good thing it was already cut into and not being given away!



I was in a hurry getting ready for class and I was running around trying to gather everything together. I look for Rodney and this is what I found. Apparently the frosting can't be that bad!




This is half-way through the deck. That door goes to one of our two sheds. Have I said how much I love living here?! Because I do. Julie, Scotts wife, even loves to babysit Rodney. B.O.N.U.S!





This is a little backwards but Mark has been working on a bookcase. We were going to use it in our bedroom but we decided that we would use it in Rodneys room for books because we are collecting more and more from the goodwills and don't have anywhere to put them. So we painted it to match the scheme...John Deere of course. What else would you expect!? I think it is beautiful. I love that he has a hobby now and I also love that I can get something out of his hobby! Selfish? Maybe, but I love it! He wants to build some adirondak chairs for the deck next. I like that idea too. We found this awesome blog off of my cousins blog called Knock off Wood that we love and I have a honey-do list for Mark. He knows it, AND he doesn't even mind because he enjoys it. Seriously best hobby ever!









They are working on the yard with our AWESOME landlord Scott. They are working on putting a sprinkler system in now that they have finished putting in the deck! Which you are getting a little bit of in the bottom of the picture. It is huge. 12 ft x 16 ft! We love it and have already put it to good use. Mark and Scott have been working in the yard on Monday, Tuesday, and a little on Wednesday. I even grabbed a shovel and put a little elbow grease in on wednesday.



I thought this picture was so cute of Mark and Rodney with their appropriate shovels. Working in the yard. I love my men!








6 comments:

Lia said...

I found that knockoffwood site from one of my friend's blogs too and my dad has been excited to start making things off of it. My parents are building a garage in the back that has a wood-working shop for him.

Soon I will have all the bookcases my heart could desire . . . haha

Lucky Larson's said...

you guys are awesome!
Cake decorating sounds so fun!

Amber Fryar said...

Your yard looks awesome! I love your deck!

Gary and Amy said...

You guys have been working so hard! Love the pictures and especially that one of Mark and Rodney together!

Anna M said...

Wow you have been really busy! I love the cake eater.

Bekki said...

Hi there! I couldn't figure out how to e-mail you dirrectly so I'll answer your questions here. I'm still figuring this whole blogging thing out! Here is a link to the containers I use.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gladware+ovenware

They are oven save when you place them on a tray so they work really well and I reuse them MANY times before they wear out. Well worth the investment. They are sturdier than aluminum so you are less likely to spill.

I used to cook with a friend years ago. It was really nice to be able to share the burden. I have not found a friend here where I live now who is willing to cook together. I am looking forward to when my children are old wnough to be more help!

Your little guy is adorable!