Friday, October 23, 2009
Good News from the Allergist
Maybe I should start with the allergic reaction. About 2 months ago we were eating breakfast burritos and Rodney being Rodney wanted some of what we were eating. I didn't know that eggs were a no-go until 1 year. Now I know. He grabbed a chunk of egg off of my plate shoved it messily into his mouth and then rubbed his eye. His skin started to rash, he kept itching it. His nose started to run like mad; and he started to sneeze like crazy too. I washed his hands and by the time the doctor called me back he was much better. Long story short, the doctor ordered an appointment with an allergist before we gave him a flu shot to be sure he wouldn't have a reaction. So, Rodney had a scratch test yesterday at the allergist to test his reaction to eggs and the flu shot. He ended up being only slightly allergic to eggs and no reaction at all to the flu shot. Wahoo! That also means that he will most likely grow out of the allergy! The doctor wants us to keep a food diary of anything that has eggs baked in it and keep our eyes open for reactions. We are also to avoid plain eggs, but that is expected. So follow appointment is in a month, hopefully nothing comes up. We don't need an egg allergy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yeah for good news! I hope Rodney doesn't have any other food allergies either.
Katie--I don't have your email or I would respond that way--New baby is my niece..Lettie..
Thank for reading my blog-:)
Oh bummer! With our family history (on my side) Brooke can't have eggs, nuts, raw honey or shell fish until she is 2!!! It's so hard...
Good luck!
Post a Comment