Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rodney's Blessing


Rodney was blessed today on his 3 month birthday by Mark. Mark did such a good job, and Rodney was awake and perfectly content even after he spit his binky out right as they were starting. It fell to the floor so it is a good thing he was content because there wasn't a backup plan. And with his lungs and a microphone nearby the whole congregation would have had hearing loss immediately I am sure.

This is rodney in his outfit that Mom made. I think that it is the cutest little outfit I have ever seen for a little man. Mom even made the little collared shirt and tie to match. There is also a suit coat but I am just so impressed by this shirt I am posting a picture that really showcases it. Isn't it just darling! I was so worried that he would have a blow out or spit-up all over it so I was sure to feed him only a little bit before Sacrament meeting and change him right before I dressed him. Thank you so much Mom for spending the time to do this for us. We really appreciate it!

This is our family picture today. Rodney was looking into the kitchen like he is waiting for the food to be served for the yummy Easter feast that we potlucked with everybody that came so far! We had a great turn out.

This is everybody in the McFadden clan that could make it. Mom, Dad, Brandon and Sarah, Michael and Shelly, Ryan and Lindsay, and Justin and Sarah. With all of us we doubled if not tripled the ward today.


This is everybody in Marks Family that came too, Mom and Mark, Michael, and Unle Rico. Mandy sadly is in West Virginia and couldn't make it. We missed you!





Here are all the men that were in the circle minus Jacob Myers...where is he? I have no idea. And Bishop Bagley of course. But he is a busy man I have to say. Left to right: Justin, Michael, Mike, Mark and Rodney, Brandon, Ryan, Dad, and Royal.



The picture at the top should be down here but I don't know how to make it do that, so there it stays. That is Rodney when we got home tonight. He was so tired that he put himself to sleep while he was laying on his back. He never does that. When he is on his back he just kicks and waves his hands around so much that he gets tired but just cries. Never falls asleep. He is just out cold. I think he just might sleep through the night tonight. What do you think? This blessing stuff sure is tiring!

2 comments:

Gary and Amy said...

Oh how fun to see all the pictures of the day! Thanks for posting them so I could enjoy the day, too!

Anna M said...

We're so glad it went so well. Sorry we missed you. Rodney is a cutie!